Friday, January 19, 2007

Long Week

This has been kind of a killer week. Suzy's in tech for the opera Die Fleidermaus, which opens tonight, so we haven't really seen each other for two weeks. It's interesting, because usually it's me working until godawful late while she is at home asleep when I get home. This role reversal over the last couple weeks had been weird. It's almost like we're roommates more than spousal units, the little tiny time we've spent together. Good thing is, this puppy opens tonight and things can get back to normal after that.

You know, normal, me working a day joband coming home to either sit on the computer and write all night or go to a rehearsal or MTA or NCTC meeting and we still never see each other. It feels different when she's the one out being busy and I'm the one sitting at home waiting, though.
Traffic is starting slowly to pick up on my Charlotte Theatre website, and hopefully as we get into a more heavily-produced part of the season, that site will begin to take off. The more traffic it sees, the more chance I have for some decent Adsense revenue from it.

I have my first web design client, not really anything I ever looked for, but it kinda found me. Emily's cousin Mitch is opening a nursery and garden center, and needed someone to build a website. I need a little extra cash to fund my trip to Atlantic City in February, so I took the gig. Hopefully I'll actually be able to design a website that shows off what he wants to punch up about his nursery.


No comments: