Thursday, February 22, 2007

Opera fini


And after another two-a-day rehearsal that saw me at least leave the theatre prior to the clock turning on a new day, I am done with the opera. It looks really pretty. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. There is one 3-minute scene that I really wanted to tweak a little, but there was so much going on in the room that it was never really feasible to get the lift out and refocus for that scene. There's an upstage corner that's darker than I want, but that's about all I can get out of it with the three days time I had.

I think overall it's pretty. This shot is from near the end, before Dido offs herself.

I'd really like another week to tweak and touch up things, but it's very pretty for the time allotted, and most of my touch up stuff last night was just timing and incremental level stuff, so I was happy. Hopefully I'll be able to get a photo up here or on PokerStage before too long.

Now on the next three things. I've got a theatre conference that I'm teaching three workshops at in two weeks, and then two shows opening the week after, all while I'm starting rehearsals for Taming of the Shrew. It's a busy spring, to say the least. The funny bit is that I have practically nothing lined up for summer, and only one show lined up for late spring. Who knows, some stuff will probably fall into place to keep me busy.

No comments: