Thursday, March 01, 2007

Day 2 - read it again

In the second read-thru, people mostly know how to pronounce things, although we have a couple of folks who are shaky on some of the names, and my Latin is nonexistent. A few character things can start to be glimpsed, and occassionally people will get up and move as the spirit moves them. It's starting to get interesting.

One of the neat things our director has done is gender-bend the role of Grumio, Petruchio's manservant. Now she's Grumia, my portable wench. It adds a different layer to the interaction of the characters, and I think that will be fun to explore as time goes on. It also adds a couple layers to Grumio(a)'s interactions with Kate, which is also fun. It's good to be having fun doing this again, and it's really good not to be in charge of it all. I can't help but interject myself, because I'm a mouthy bastard, but the ultimate responsibility isn't mine, and I'm happy 'bout that.

Here's some photos to let you check out the cast.

<------Nick plays Tranio, Lucentio's manservant that masquerades as Lucentio to help him win the fair Bianca (or fair Binaca as one of the script typos reads).









Jimmy plays Gremio, one of the many other----> suitors to Bianca. He ends up with no booty at the end of the show. Poor bastard.






<----Our Fearless Leader, Chris will also play the role of Baptista Minola, father to Kate and Binaca.

The prettiest Kate in all of Christendom---->








Randal and Nicole play Vincentio and the Widow. Yeah, there might have been a little drinkin' after rehearsal last night. It's always a bit hazardous to your health when there's a pub directly across the street from the rehearsal venue.

I'll have more photos tomorrow, and I'll dump a bunch onto my flickr here in a few minutes.


1 comment:

tcsparky said...

Can't wait to see it!!!