Thursday, November 17, 2005

Travel bitching

So I've been gone a lot lately. A LOT. First weekend in November is the North Carolina Theatre Conference Fall Gathering, and I'm the VP of that organization this year, so I was in Greensboro for 4 days. I presented 2 workshops, sat on 2 panels and MC'd the awards ceremony, so I was a little fried when I got home. Just in time to do laundry and pack for my trip to Orlando. Yay.

Lighting Dimensions International is the biggest trade show our company attends each year, and it was in Orlando this year. I am less than fond of Orlando, and I get eh glory of returning in March for the Southeastern Theatre Conference. Joy. So I fly on Thursday after being home for 3 days, with having a whole 15 minutes of awake time with the wife, since she was busy costuming Sound of Music for the local community college and was working 20-hour days. I'm there from Thursday through Monday with plenty of gladhanding, manufacturer's meetings, and assorted other bullshit, dropping me back home midday Monday. Today is Thursday and I'm still fried. I need a weekend in the worst way.

Don't get me wrong, I usually enjoy both of these conferences very much, but back to back made it tough this year. And having Suzy working on the show didn't help, but our house is slowly coming back to some semblance of order.

On a way cool note - Steven from my last post emailed me! We haven't talked in better than 10 years, and now I know where he is and what he's up to. He's still a wee blonde fokker, and I've gotten all fat. Oh well, happens to the best of us. Glad he's doing well. Anybody else from the old days reading this drivel - email my happy arse!

Peace,

J

No comments: